PAARDEBERG • SWARTLAND
Made on Kalmoesfontein Farm in the Paardeberg area, AA Badenhorst Family Wines' 42ha of vineyards and an additional 23ha rented, comprise old bush vines planted in the Siebritskloof part of the mountain. The property is owned by cousins Hein and Adi Badenhorst, both originally from Constantia. Together they have restored a neglected cellar on the farm that was last used in the 1930's to make wines in a traditional way.
Side projects include the making of Caperitif fortified wine, Swaan tonic and The Fourth Rabbit Agave meszcal while the farm also offers accommodation and function venue.
• Kalmoesfontein – home of AA Badenhorst
• What’s your story? A kaleidoscope of perspectives on Adi Badenhorst
– the Swartland’s favourite storyteller
• A.A. Badenhorst Family Wines
• Local heroes step up to the challenge
• Stay on a Swartland wine farm during harvest season!
• Top Swartland Wedding Venues for 2018/19