Derek and Susan welcome you to the Olive Boutique, a proudly South African, Olive Oil, Olive and Vinegar Tasting Bar located in Riebeek Kasteel, offering tastings, workshops and (in season) factory visits. Each season we showcase the best of the Swartland independent garagiste Extra Virgin Olive Oil and artisanal cured olive products.
Utilising local fruits, herbs and spices to complement the Mediterranean flavours of traditionally brine cured black and green olives; we produce an innovative, flavour infused, artisanal range of South African cured olives and olive pastes. These are complemented by locally produced fruit balsamic vinegars and traditional dipping sauces. Each season we bring in raw table olives from selected local farmers groves to make up starter or DIY olive curing kits with home curing recipes for hobbyists and new market entrants.
See how olive oil is extracted. Experience our sensuous range of body care products. Learn about the olive industry and the many uses of olives and olive oil, including their health and skin care benefits.
• All about the Olive Boutique in Riebeek Kasteel
• Revel in the beauty of home-grown olive oil at the Olive Boutique in Riebeek Kasteel
• How to spot a premium olive oil and why you should always buy local
• The wonderful health benefits of Swartland olive oils
• The insider’s guide to the 2019 Riebeek Valley Olive Festival